PHOTO GALLERY – REVISION RHINOPLASTY
WE INVITE YOU TO VIEW OUR GALLERY OF BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOGRAPHS.
When evaluating before and after results please pay attention to the following features of this gallery:
- High Definition, High Resolution Images: All of our photos are presented in high quality, large, and expandable images. We do not use small, static pictures to hide asymmetries, imperfections or scars.
- Descriptive: We have labeled our images with meaningful descriptions to help guide you to specific features.
- One Result, Multiple Views: We do not show you just the “best” views and hide the rest.
- Similar Before & After Photographs: We do not use any trick photography. We encourage our patients to wear make-up in both the before and after images. We use the same camera, the same background, the same lighting, and the same positioning for the before and afters.
- Close-Ups of Incisions and Scars: We do not hide our scars with small images. Instead, we show you magnified views of how our incisions appear and where they are located.
Sometimes It Is Not the Wrong Surgeon, but the Wrong Philosophy. Start With the Right Philosophy. Revision rhinoplasty is an advanced procedure that requires highly sophisticated training, expert techniques and the hands of a specialist.
This patient did not like the results of a previous rhinoplasty surgery. She was concerned that the tip of her nose was too rotated creating an unnatural nostril flare. She felt like the bridge was too scooped on profile view. She was concerned that the tip of her nose was asymmetric and looked unnatural. She had difficulty breathing through her nose.
Dr. Kolstad used rib cartilage to add height to and straighten the bridge of her nose. The nasal tip was rebuilt using rib cartilage to improve the symmetry and restore the breathing. The tip of the nose was rotated downwards to a more pleasing, feminine angle.
This complex type of revision rhinoplasty typically takes Dr. Kolstad 4-5 hours to complete.
1) Revision Rhinoplasty San Diego 83: Revision rhinoplasty using rib cartilage to fix an over-rotated nasal tip.
2) Revision Rhinoplasty San Diego 85: Revision rhinoplasties can take Dr. Kolstad up to six hours to get the nose breathing and looking its best.